Cooler Temps

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! I have missed getting to spend more time here but with the cooler temps on the way in it was time to play the winter clothes shuffle for 4 kids. Plus we go thru the hand-me-downs thing. I still haven't completely finished but you can see most of the floors thru the house now...LOL! Plus have had some DR's appt with follow-ups on Wednesday. So things have just been crazy here.

Tonight is supposed to be our first "cold" night - weatherman says upper 30's but since we're in the "sticks" chances are we could get a light frost. My container tomatoes are brought in and sitting in the laundry room, my plants that are still out there producing are all covered with every sheet and blanket I own.....lol. Tomorrow night is supposed to be colder then we're back in the upper 70's with lows in the 50's. So I'm :fl to get thru this little cold snap. Tomatoes are coming on strong still with about 5 pounds of ripe ones sitting on my counter that were picked day before yesterday.

Anyway, I have missed hanging out but I have not been a real fun person to be around these last couple of weeks. With how stressed I have been everyone around here is :hide
duck.gif
hiding.gif
<---Roger

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm loving the cooler temps already. After a nice easy storm this morning, it got cool and stayed that way. Awesome. But it's not supposed to get anywhere near freezing here, which is even cooler (in the non-temperature sense of the word). :lol:

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We did good covering the plants - this morning there was a light frost on everything. That means we should have another couple of weeks then the big freeze will happen. Come on 'maters :fl

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It has been very warm over the past several days, but this morning, this was cold, very cold. It was 30 out there this morning and I could barely get through the walk with the dog before my hands felt like they were going to break off (with gloves on).

The waterers were frozen on the chickens this morning, so this was our official first real freeze. I think the temps are dropping right now as we speak; it is always coldest as the sun pushes over the mountains first thing in the mornings.

The horse poop can wait until the sun warms everything back up (today is horse poop truckload day)

Ron

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had a remarkable warm-up here near the 49th parallel. (It won't last but maybe a day.)

I think I'll start another thread called "Warmer Temps." Or, it might be more entertaining to gripe about weather that's as "Boring as HE-double hockey sticks" which has been what it's been like for the last 3 weeks!

Steve

Latest posts