County Fair registration is approaching! Woohoo!

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so excited for the County Fair this year! Last year I only entered 12 different things and made $32 in premiums. I was shocked! I was able to buy a couple cases of jars with that money. This year I am going all out- entering everything and anything that looks decent enough to be on display. So far that's over 30 things....woah :th I am entering these divisions- Culinary, Fruits and Vegetables, Photography, Crafts, and Fresh Flowers. Hopefully I can keep up on entry day!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for you, HPQ! I hope you do better than last year. It'll give you seed money and for gardening essentials. Wishing you good luck and keep us posted.

mary

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Good luck! We are entering our honey in the adjoining county fair, which we are allowed to do because a member of the local group, but can't enter other things. I hope you win LOTS!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good luck, they max us out at 16 entries because they have 17,000 jars entered in previous years and they had to narrow it down for the judges. :p

Thank goodness I have until the first week of September to enter, I am soooooooooooo not ready to get that altogether yet. However I AM making my balsamic tomato sauce tonight and I'm SURE I'll be entering that. :D

We need to start a county/state fair entry thread. So everyone can post what and where they are entering and share pictures and then report back in how it turns out.

Maybe I should enter the SUPER watermelon we're growing... so far its like 22 lbs and its still growing!!! HAHAHAHA

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very good idea! I'll have to start one. Keep your eyes peeled for it...

vfem said:
Good luck, they max us out at 16 entries because they have 17,000 jars entered in previous years and they had to narrow it down for the judges. :p

Thank goodness I have until the first week of September to enter, I am soooooooooooo not ready to get that altogether yet. However I AM making my balsamic tomato sauce tonight and I'm SURE I'll be entering that. :D

We need to start a county/state fair entry thread. So everyone can post what and where they are entering and share pictures and then report back in how it turns out.

Maybe I should enter the SUPER watermelon we're growing... so far its like 22 lbs and its still growing!!! HAHAHAHA

Latest posts