Craigslist and Other Bargains

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A kid coop! By all means place it in the house with some lovely plants in it. But you should also place a couple of very life like dolls in it too.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today we walked into Tractor Supply. The manager was having a baby chick melt down. She had some Cornish Cross chicks a week old and more coming in a shipment tomorrow. She said, "Take them! Take as many as you want, they are FREE!" So we got 20. Tomorrow, 30 CCX chicks will be shipped to me, along with 12 Australorps........FIFTY CORNISH CROSS that will need to be butchered IN 6 WEEKS! :th

I am officially an idiot.

I got to get the chicken tractors built! :\

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today we walked into Tractor Supply. The manager was having a baby chick melt down. She had some Cornish Cross chicks a week old and more coming in a shipment tomorrow. She said, "Take them! Take as many as you want, they are FREE!" So we got 20. Tomorrow, 30 CCX chicks will be shipped to me, along with 12 Australorps........FIFTY CORNISH CROSS that will need to be butchered IN 6 WEEKS! :th

That is the deal of the century! Great score!

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score

I would bet my last dollar your husband and you are very nice to the manager. My mom used to say you get more flys with sugar then vinegar

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would bet my last dollar your husband and you are very nice to the manager. My mom used to say you get more flys with sugar then vinegar
Yes we are, she used to be so rude and quite a witch with a B. Employees just rolled their eyes and apologized for her lack of social graces. So we went out of our way to be polite, speak to her and hit her with the friendly big wet dog attitude. You know, nothing loves you like a big wet dog! I gave her good reviews on TSC site and now she is so nice to us. She is still a little rough around the edges, but we are used to that now. LOL

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score

To shorten the butchering chores ... I used to butcher some of the pullets in the flock at about 35 days of age to get 1 1/2 to 2 pound game hen sized birds for dinner. Then butcher 3/4 of the others at 6 weeks for friers but keep back some of the larger roosters to 8 to 10 weeks of age for 7-8 lb roasters. :) :drool My wife will be buying 30 pounds of packaged chicken thighs and breasts for $0.79 / lb. at the local grocery store today. :ep

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bobm, that's a great price on chicken. I've noticed that chicken hasn't been on sale at our Safeway store for a couple months. Asked the butcher what was going on and he didn't know. Said he only new what was going on sale a week ahead but I told him not to bother looking it up. I'm there every Friday anyway.

Mary

Latest posts