Craigslist and Other Bargains

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Chairs with broken back at now $10 at Goodwill. Ouch. Got 2 from the dump in better shape! It pays to know the dump attendant!

Chair shows potential.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hate Goodwill. Imply they are a “charity” but are simply a for profit business. How did they ever get that “charity” tag for taxes?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a couple of little kid's plastic school chairs at the Rehab store the other day for $.50 ea. You know the kind, heavy duty, indestructible. They had been spray painted at some time from the original mustard yellow to a gloss black. I painted them a periwinkle blue satin so that my grandgirls can use them at their little art table.

Here's a pic as they are being painted...first layer. I forgot to take a pic of the finished project but they came out just lovely. Can't beat that for a buck, huh?

100_0652.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, are you kidding me? Fifty cents? There is nothing cheap at our rehab store. Nothing that I saw that was good either. I'm so glad for our local online sites that sell things or have free items.

Great score and they do look lovely. My garden bench is painted periwinkle blue too!

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, are you kidding me? Fifty cents? There is nothing cheap at our rehab store. Nothing that I saw that was good either. I'm so glad for our local online sites that sell things or have free items.

Great score and they do look lovely. My garden bench is painted periwinkle blue too!

Mary

You just wouldn't believe some of the things they sell there cheap, Miss Mary! I LOVE that store, as you never know what someone will donate....last few weeks have been really weird, with all kinds of mannequins, weird store shelving, etc. and also some really high end, high cost furniture and mattresses that look like they've never been used. Those mannequins lasted a hot second, as did the store shelving.

They had stacks and stacks of those chairs, from really little to adult size and all of them were the same price, $.50 each.

They had a Stearns and Foster pillow top queen mattress that looked brand spankin' new for $225...those things retail for anywhere of $1200 to $2400. It was snapped up quickly, as are all the really nice things they get in.

Some of the antiques are incredibly cheap...if I owned an antique business, I'd be in there every day when the doors opened.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee not that they need them but dollar store has packs of stickers butterfly/ fllowers. You can give your granddaughters stickers and let them decorate their own chair.

Great idea, NY! They LOVE doing that and currently have their own family table decorated with stickers, as is the sliding glass door in their home. I was thinking the same thing, except getting a little bigger decals and letting them put those on instead...we have a Pat Catan's in the area that should have some really pretty ones.

I want to girly these up a bit. :D