Crazy to Plant Bindweed?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please, oh please do not plant bindweed. It looks innocent enough- but it will take over everything in you yard!! You cannot control it. If you want something fast- try Virginia Creeper. I doubt you would have to amend the soil for that. I think you will have to devote the rest of this season to adding organic material to that soil- and try again next year, if you want something more interesting. If you want something instant right now- you might try attaching lattice to your ironwork. When you find something that wants to grow, you can take it down....Good luck!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
wow people realy hate bindweed, funny they love morning glorys. Not going to plant think I will try what cat suggest and go with pumpkin, I just want leaves.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
NY? Morning Glories don't try to take over the world.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Huge difference between bindweed and morning glories. If you get tired of morning glories you can just pull them up- if you get tired of bindweed, there isn't a thing you can do...

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
In defense of the bindweed :hide , it does have some redeeming qualities: in severe drought it is the matrix that helps keep our soil here instead of letting Oklahoma borrow it and (according to the Internet) it can be effective in fighting some kinds of cancer!

Latest posts