Creating a 2011 Seed Starting & Planting Schedule for Your Zone

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have to organize everything, including when my seeds need to start, get planted in the garden, etc. so each year I create a seed starting and planting schedule. This year I posted it along with a template and instructions for making your own here: http://www.betterhensandgardens.com...ing-planting-schedule-wdownloadable-template/

Just in case anyone can't live without one to look at like me. Also, I'm seeing a lot of "is it time yet" questions so maybe this will be helpful. :tools

rmonge00

Leafing Out
Reaction score
This sheet is amazing!! Thanks so much!! I just switched it two weeks earlier for western washington! One quick question though, I didn't really get what the column: "# Wks to set out vs. frost free date" meant? Can you clarify this for me? Again, THANK YOU!!

RYan

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
rmonge00 said:
This sheet is amazing!! Thanks so much!! I just switched it two weeks earlier for western washington! One quick question though, I didn't really get what the column: "# Wks to set out vs. frost free date" meant? Can you clarify this for me? Again, THANK YOU!!

RYan
I'm so glad it's helpful, the "#Wks to set out vs. frost free date" is how many weeks before or after the the last frost free date that transplants or seeds should be put in the garden.

So, for peas, it says they can be set out 6 - 8 weeks before the last frost free date because peas are cold tolerant. You have to decide whether you're comfortable setting things out that early though - that could be considered aggressive.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I usually do a spread sheet with when I started each seed and how many of each type went to transplant ... Yours is very nice. Thanks!

See you have buckeye's I used to have a couple that I had a evil fox and now I only have a Roo.

Latest posts