CRISP pickle recipe!! For ya'll that are tired of soggy pickles!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay Canesisters!!! You did it!! :weee Aren't they the best sweet pickles you ever tasted? I am so proud of you!! :thumbsup ..........runs to kitchen and opens jar of pickles.......... mmmmmmmmmm good! :lol:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can't see it in the pict - but when I processed the yellow cukes (boothby's blonde I think) their skin turned RED! I got a bunch more of them yesterday and I'm going to try a batch of JUST them this comming weekend.
Can I use white vinegar??? Will it mess up the taste?? I'd like to try and preserve the red skin on them - they darkened up some in the ACV.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Yay Canesisters!!! You did it!! :weee Aren't they the best sweet pickles you ever tasted? I am so proud of you!! :thumbsup ..........runs to kitchen and opens jar of pickles.......... mmmmmmmmmm good! :lol:
:weee I was so tickled! Just wish I had someone to brag too (in person, I mean).
YES!!! They are sooo good. I haven't tried them cold yet but I'm thinking that sandwiches will be dinner just so I have a good reason to eat pickles :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As yummy as that sounds... I prefer the Dill. In fact, I got a ton of dill ready to go, but I'm lucky to get 2-3 pickling cukes every other day. All this soaking rain, a lot of the plants I have going have reduced production, less flowers, and less pollinators out in all this rain. :/

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
pickle sandwich for dinner.... heaven....
:yuckyuck

Yes you can use white vinegar. I just always use the ACV because I like the flavor and I use the juice after we eat all the pickles in the jar. Chop up some and make deviled eggs! YUMMY! Add a little juice to the yolks too. I am so glad you like this recipe!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
dewdropsinwv said:
:( not fair canesisters.... lol I bet I get at least 6 jars. ;)
You can have as many jars as you want, dearie. Pick the cukes and the recipe is here waiting for you ;) When you see me snipping dill heads, you're too late ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
dewdropsinwv said:
:( not fair canesisters.... lol I bet I get at least 6 jars. ;)
You can have as many jars as you want, dearie. Pick the cukes and the recipe is here waiting for you ;) When you see me snipping dill heads, you're too late ;)
Awwwww......... Monty........but she wants YOU to make them for her. :love made with your very own hands and every time dew bites into a pickle, she will know how much you love her. :love

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
I think I'll be playing golf that day...:p
:gig :gig :lol: :lol: That's the funniest thing I've heard in 13 years!!!!!!!!! You always say I'm going to do more golfing and yet your poor clubs are in the BARN collecting MORE dust every year

:love :love But when the cukes are ready I will help you.... sad to say I wont be helping with the beets. :hit Might as well make sweet pickles and what ever other kind of pickles we want because Elizabeth cant eat that many by herself.

Latest posts