Critique as Corn Bread

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll have to look at the pumpkin. It seems a little odd. I can understand substituting pumpkin in a zucchini bread. Still, topping Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Bread would be tuff other than with cream cheese ;).

Yes, "Sweet" for the extra sugar and the sweet corn would be a sufficient and proper name. That is, unless I'm missing something and Pati, Rick and PBS haven't told me.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cornbread fits well with my baking skills and peasant menu. Can you tell ;)?

I started to make the Sweet Mexican recipe for the 3rd time (always best to put the corn kernels in the blender). After I got the flour in the bowl, I realized that it was supposed to be biscuit flour. I changed it to the Jeni Ann recipe!

The 3/4 cup of blended corn went in and I used 2 whole eggs rather than just the whites. Great!!! Especially good!

By the way, Four Eggs?! Carolina Outdoors has to be kidding about that. It's just two, too many!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hot water cornbread;
put a cup or two cornmeal in a bowl. (depends on how much you want) you can add a teaspoon of either salt or sugar. Pour boiling water in, stir to make a semi-thick paste. Run your hands in cold water, it keeps the dough from sticking. Make patties, fry in hot oil. You can also add chopped onion or jalapeno.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cornbread fits well with my baking skills and peasant menu. Can you tell ;)?

I started to make the Sweet Mexican recipe for the 3rd time (always best to put the corn kernels in the blender). After I got the flour in the bowl, I realized that it was supposed to be biscuit flour. I changed it to the Jeni Ann recipe!

The 3/4 cup of blended corn went in and I used 2 whole eggs rather than just the whites. Great!!! Especially good!

By the way, Four Eggs?! Carolina Outdoors has to be kidding about that. It's just two, too many!

Steve

if Carolina outdoors say 4 eggs then it's 4 eggs...get over it...
one of the things i hate to say to anyone is" hand me your keys and your access card and i will walk you off the property...
4 eggs steve...

Latest posts