Crocheting

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Any of the ladies on here crochet ( or knit) I do a lot of crocheting in the winter time. I'm looking for a crochet chicken pattern. If anyone knows of one or has one please let me know. I'd like to try it. I want to decorate my kitchen in chickens :D

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I have seen a crocheted chicken toaster cover--maybe on Pinterest. I bet if you google it you will find something.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been looking, most websites charge.... what kills me is that it is offered for "free" but when you try to down laod it they want 3 or 4 bucks for it. :(

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I crochet, but not knit, sorry I don't have any chicken patterns. There is a big crochet thread and craft thread on byc, and I know some ladies there have posted pics of chick crocheted stuff, you might check there.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
I crochet, but not knit, sorry I don't have any chicken patterns. There is a big crochet thread and craft thread on byc, and I know some ladies there have posted pics of chick crocheted stuff, you might check there.
I dont knit either. Just incase someone who knits can find some patterns for me. I already looked there so far nothing. :(

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey there :frow and welcome to the garden!!!

Try these:

http://www.karensvariety.com/NEWSLETTER/Patterns/Rooster.htm

http://momsloveofcrochet.com/ChickenRoosterPotholder.html

http://momsloveofcrochet.com/ChickenPotholder.html

and if you print this out large enough, you might could figure out the pattern they used for it
8721_2827388916_1b4b8d0c09.jpg

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, canesisters. Those look neat!

Dewdropsinwv, I learned to knit in fourth grade and taught myself to crochet many years later. I rather prefer crochet. Right now I am doing a garden quilt and need my morning glory block finished by Tuesday's class.

I know there are chick, chicken, and rooster patterns in my piles of patterns and pattern books. I'll look the next time it rains and I should be cleaning the house. Right now the garden calls and the yard needs mowing, but all my time this week has been spent cleaning and painting an apartment for rent. Sigh!

Hopefully the apartment will be ready before the heat arrives this weekend. No way I want to be stuck inside in the heat.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Smart Red Theres no hurry with the patterns. I'm still a good ways off with decorating the kitchen. We need a lot of work next door before I can even think about curtains and such ;)

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have tried several times to post some pictures. Don't know what I'm doing wrong so I guess I'll ask MontyJ to post them for me. He has showed me a few times, but when I try to sign in teg under firefox, it says I'm not logged in. :/

Latest posts