Crocus in Snow!!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of some Crocus flowers a few days ago blooming in the garden while it was snowing. I don't remember ever having crocus bloom right in the snow. It looks nice though with the snow background, the crocus representing hope and promise of Spring.
Let's hope this signals the end for snow for this season.

Enjoy!! ;)

5881_p3190931.jpg

5881_p3190930.jpg

5881_p3190929.jpg

5881_p3190925.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike!

The crocus have bloomed here also.

Perhaps even a better sign of spring is that there are 3 lawn violets as of this afternoon! One location is really quite shady but the lawn gets mid-day sun. A lawn violet always show up there first ;). They like shade so if they are going to bloom early, early - that's where they've got to do it!

I keep a close watch on the wood hyacinths. When they bloom, we always seem to have actual warm weather. I don't know if that is true elsewhere or just in my yard. Both places the wood hyacinths grow is very shady but they sure make the best of it :).

Here is hoping that some of you folks experiencing winter in spring have some good weather soon.

Steve :coolsun

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a lovely sight for my eyes to behold. Spring is just around the corner despite the cold snow and temps. I keep telling myself "patience"! Last March, we had unusual warm temps fluctuating in the mid 70's and 80's . All the bushes and tree's budded out along with the flowers popping their heads up..I loved it..But, like I expected in the midwest..The temps went back to 20's and thirties. The fruit tree buds froze, and we got nearly no cherries or plums and apples. The flowers survived and came back.

Right now I would be happy just to have few sunny day's with temps in the 40's to 50's..It is still cold, in the twenties..with snow and overcast skies..

nelson castro

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wonderful and lovely crocus. Spring is just around the corner!! :ya

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So pretty! I love crocus...they really cheer me up this time of year. I keep meaning to do a naturalized planting, TONS of them, in my front yard, but by fall I've usually forgotten about it. :p

Latest posts