Cross Pollination - TEG & BYC

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
As most (if not all) of you know, TheEasyGarden Forum is a sister site to www.BackYardChickens.com.

We started TEG because of the huge demand for a garden section on BYC. We thought it would be a better idea to not dilute the focus of BYC with something as popular as gardening. Also, we didn't want to accidentally exclude people that aren't interested (yet :D ) in having chickens from posting about gardening.

TEG has been a great answer and solution and it has turned out better than expected. All along we expected that all the members during the first while would come from BYC and then a few would trickle in from search engines, links, etc.

Well, we don't have a way to track with 100% possitive where people heard about TEG, but over the past few weeks about 70 members probably came from BYC and about 9 came from other sources.

But here is something we didn't expect... I was browsing the BYC logs and it looks like 30 people registered at BYC that were referred from TEG. I think that's pretty exciting!

In general I think the more people that have gardens and chickens, the better the world will be! :woot

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nifty said:
In general I think the more people that have gardens and chickens, the better the world will be! :woot
Here, Here!

Thanks Nifty, for all of your work! :D

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Both are great sites and thanks Rob for all your work!

I do tend to favor TEG a little more than BYC but that's another story.

Let's hope it continues to grow! (just like out gardens are doing?) hopefully :fl

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
How many members does TEG curently have I remember how fast BYC caught on, when will we hit 1000?:D Great site!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As of this moment, Mossy Rock, 761.

If you go to the index, where the list of subjects for posting is, you can scroll down to, The Exchange: Buy, Sell, Trade, Giveaway. Go to the far right on that line, and look right below it.

There you will see the # of current members, total number of topics, and total number of posts.

The summer is still young, but if you spread the word around, and tell all of the people you know who enjoy gardening, or are thinking of giving it a try, about TheEasyGarden, then there will be 1,000 members even sooner! :rainbow-sun

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe even a post to your favorite magazine? I know of a homesteading site that grew in leaps and bounds after doing an interview article with Countryside magazine. Couldn't hurt to email this site to several gardening/country mags and they might refer folks here! Just a thought....I get one occasionally. They are so infrequent, I just have to share! :)

Latest posts