Cyclamen - continuous bloom?

Shiloh Acres

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Several years ago I bought this lovely little pink cyclamen. I probably paid about $2 and I probably got it at Home Depot or Lowes. It bloomed in my kitchen window for months. After a short dormant period when I thought maybe it had died, leaves grew back out and it started blooming again. It continued that way for years, brightening my kitchen window and always cheering me up. I loved that little flower! :)

When I moved, they pulled me over at the state ag inspection station and asked if I had any plants. I had brought a few favorites with me, and gift cuttings from neighbors. The gift cuttings had an ant, and they confiscated and destroyed the entire lot. :(

I've bought two other cyclamens since then, and care for them exactly as before. They bloom and live for a few months, then die.

Can anyone tell me what to look for, where to look, or how to buy another cyclamen that will perform like the first one? I'll need a different window now though, since my kitchen window gets a bit too much shade from the pecan tree spring to fall. I guess I need a shadier flower for my kitchen. But I adore cyclamens and want to grow them in another window.

Thanks!!!

Latest posts