Dang! Fallen tree & nobody will remove it...

Andrew

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago, a large tree fell -toward- our yard.

It was about 40', right along the streambank on township property. Completely uprooted -

"If a tree falls out of the woods and you're powerwashing your deck at the time, does it make a sound?" Yes, apparently, but not one that I heard. Turned around, there it was...

Anyway, the roots were about 15' high! It was pretty sad, for a few main reasons:

1) It was a nice tree (a LOT bigger than it looks in this picture. The highest branches in the pic below are about 15' high but when it fell, they were about 20' high.)

2) It filtered sound from a house across the way with really screamy kids and a really screamy mom. And a barky dog. (I love our kids - they're not as screamy/barky)

3) I take care of the grassy area where it fell - I mow it and fertilize it to keep it "in line" with my yard. Undoubtedly, it's not a pretty scene under that fallen tree.

Well, I guess our taxes aren't high enough, because the township can't seem to respond in any way. Sure, it's a it's not on my property. Oh well. :(

tree.jpg

Andrew

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You know, I thought of that... frankly, I don't even have time to do all the work on -my own- yard that I need to!

Beyond that, this thing is a -lot- bigger than it looks. I like going nuts with the chainsaw (just ask all the people screaming and running out of the mall last weekend) but it would probably take quite a while to cut and haul all that wood out of there.

Just wish the township would allocate of little bit of my property taxes toward something that actually affects us...

thanks,
Andrew

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could post an ad on Craigslist. I have a guy who will cut and take any wood, I have around here. He collects enough free wood, going around doing that to heat his house all winter!

Andrew

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi -

I thought about trying to find someone to do it for the wood, but as it's township property, I doubt I'm allowed to do that.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I highly doubt since they won't come do it, and if you are allowed to do it... then anyone can come get it and save the township tax money they won't complain. ;)

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Finders Keepers I say! It's in your yard now. I would have someone that wants some "free fire wood" come to your house and cut off the part that is in your yard. Hey, you're not hiring them. You don't even have to ask their name. If they happen to cut it all up and haul it away...well...what can you do? ;)

Latest posts