Danger! Saltine Toffee Cookies, hard not to eat them all

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom made some of these the past week.

as confirmed sugar and chocoholics these have all the right ingredients. also you can add or not have various nuts as you like. we have peacans and walnuts and plain ones. all good. all addictive. all going down way too easy.

this is a version close to what we do:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sound great. Have to find high fiber crackers.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sound great. Have to find high fiber crackers.

if you are borderline diabetic they'd have to be a very limited item. i don't think high fiber will do you much good. the brown sugar and chocolate are overkill sweetness to someone who doesn't have much sugar normally in their diet. since i've cut way back on how much sugar i'm eating here these are like eating the sugar right out of the container.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Understand I would have to limit myself. Might cut back on sugar as well. I now eat desserts in moderation. Always keep my fiber intake as high as I can. (Wife bought me high fiber Ritz crackers that upon reading had 2X the sugar of regular Ritz-now isn’t that special?)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You may laugh, but I don't like chocolate cookies. Still, after years of failing I have finally learned to make really good ch. chip cookies, which my family loves, and I can easily resist.

certainly to each their own is ok with me in most things... :) i don't know that many people who don't like chocolate or sweets. i am definitely a carboholic, haven't met many sweets i didn't like, but i am now mostly reformed which means i don't eat that much like i used to. i figure i've probably eaten 20-30lbs less sugar in the last year than i would have before changing my ways. Mom is not reformed much at all. i am now able to resist snacking and too many sweet things, but most days i have a few Jr. Mints or a single piece of chocolate - the good stuff only.

Latest posts