Daughter got her P.S.I.A. Pin yesterday.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
We skied for pay, wifey still does. Both girls were on skies before they were a year old. yesterday our oldest took her {Professional Ski Instructors of America} exam, passing both Teach & Tech and Skiing with flying colors.
She isn't planing on teaching, she's too young to be hired at this time anyway.

She's very happy to get her professional pin.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW, I could barely stand up on skis ever! Not going to try again. Too old and clumsy. :(

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sad that so many ski resorts have closed early out here. Luckily, up the road is Bear Valley (the old Mt Reba when I liked to ski) and with their new Canadian ownership, they've been making snow and are still open. Congrats to your DD.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
This has been the poorest year, with regards to snow, that I can remember. Wifey's still on the mountain. Their calling for the 12th but I don't know if they'll make it. We should have a 5' pack here on the hill, but I can see ground every where.
The got our snow back east this year.

She's so happy getting certified.

Have a good one.

Richard

Years past, there was a car club The Dominos, Torrance~ We had an initiation of new members up at Big Bear. I wouldn't recognize it now.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's exciting when they do something like that. It just makes you so proud. it's not so much that they have the intelligence or physical ability to achieve something like that, it's that they show the will to do it and carry through.