Dealing with Flea Beetles

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
THAT story should be left as the tail-end to this butt I'm kind of coming up on the backside . . :rolleyes:

Flea beetles can be a real pain in the keister in some places and at some seasons. It is a little surprising that they are much trouble there on the Willamette for you, April. I'd kind of gotten the idea that flea beetles were more of a problem for places with an dry growing season climate. Colorado State has quite a bit of info on them but some places don't even list them as an "agricultural pest."

Catjac, how are you buying rotenone these days?? I'd about come to the opinion that it just wasn't available anymore!

It was a relief, to me and the plants, to learn that spinosad works on flea beetles. Actually, I was using pyrethrum to, kind of, gas them where they hid on soil surface debris while leaving some rotenone to kill them on the plant leaves. All that took was making sure that I over-sprayed the plants so that the soil surface was a little wet. Then, I couldn't buy pyrethrum/rotenone spray . . . The pyrethrum is still around but comes in sizes suitable for acres of plantings and I don't know how interested I am about using 1 and not the combination.

Sorry for being a little behind on this. Butt . . . the rotenone :/.

Steve

Latest posts