Defoliated Jasmine Plant.

scotexpat

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I recently moved House and had put some of my large Pots into a heated shed for the Winter.One of the Plants was a large Jasmine.I normally overwinter it inside but took a chance this Year and put it in the Shed.It was full of Leaves when I put it in but when I took it outside this Week all the Leaves dried up and I had to pull them off. I did give it small amounts of Water throughout the Winter.Have I killed it? can anyone tell me what to do with it to stimulate new growth? I'm quite upset about it,I've been babying this Plant for Years.

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
If it is warm enough I would place it outside for sun and water as usual.

Some plants I thought were dead sprouted growth after placing it outside.

If you were going to prune you could cut off a little bit to see if there is some life in it.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i have no answers, i feel for you i am struggling with my star jasmine too. i really love it and dont want to call it quits. i pruned a few pieces to see if it was totally dead inside, mine wasnt so i will keep limping it along. i havent been able to find good info on line for me to follow...
good luck to us both!

dowquartz

Sprout
Reaction score
Generally jasmines except for the Winter jasmine do not take to drop in temperatures below 50 degrees very well.They may drop leaves, go dormant or generally die.Depending on where you are , try to give it a lot of humidity,heat and sunlight.Good luck on the jasmines, they are my favourites.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
scotaxpat..Your problem/conditions are totally different from mine. Like Chills in Sactramento, I had a jasmine a year ago loose all it's leaves and die. The others planted along the fence were doing well. But this year, I noticed that they were all dropping alot of leaves. They've never done this before. They are starting to show new growth and are looking alot better. I sure didn't want to lose them.

Yours looks like it might recover. Good luck with it.

Mary

Latest posts