Destruction of Beloved Rock Formation - vandals destroying popular Oregon rock formation

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not that I am defending them, but if you enlarge video they are teenagers. Teenagers do stupid things. I think what ever it cost the rocks should be put back, and they pay for it.
I do not think it is anything that could ever be repaired. To many crumble parts and the concrete or whatever repair would not look natural. If it had been painted, it might have been cleaned. But to rebuild, not so sure. SAD

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not that I am defending them, but if you enlarge video they are teenagers. Teenagers do stupid things. I think what ever it cost the rocks should be put back, and they pay for it.

If only that were possible, I think it should be left as it is, roped off, a kiosk erected with a large photo of what it used to look like and how it was wantonly destroyed in the blink of an eye.

Annette

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anything can be fix with enough money. Might need a few helicopters. If they can get a large pool on top of a sky scrapper in NYC, some boulders piece of cake.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The main motives of vandalism - affirmation before the adults and friends. This is an attempt to raise their status among their peers. Demonstration of strength, agility, courage, "independence" from society, his disregard for rules and regulations. It is also interpreted as a manifestation of his adolescent manhood and adulthood. In fact, a lot depends on the environment in which the data were teenagers. Teens come together in groups. Each group has their own idea of what "cool". For some, this street dance, for others - a computer literacy. I'm sorry to see that these young people have destroyed the stones. And I'm sorry to see that they did not find any other way of expression. I hope that they will grow and they shall regret it. To educate their children in other traditions.

Latest posts