Dickiebird You Might Want to Paint Your Truck

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That '49 Dodge brings back memories. Except it was a one ton (2 ton) flatbed.

It had a chain you pulled behind the driver's head. There was an "arm" (arrow?) that lifted outside the cab and served as a turn signal ...

... criminetly, it's been so many years I don't even know what the words are for things :confused:.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It wasn't a light, NyBoy. It was mechanical.

You pulled the chain behind the driver's seat and the arm lifted to point left or up (right turn).

Of course, you could just stick your own arm out the window and do the same.

;) Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
COOL @Nyboy I just saw a truck about the age of yours while I was in town, it was painted the prettiest shade of turquoise blue.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nope, not while I'm its caretaker. It's just the way I got it from my pop and it's going to stay just like that.
I can park it anywhere and not have to worry about dents or scratches.
I can leave it parked outside all year round and not be concerned that the paint will fade or the clear coat will pop off.
I have some hot rods that have to be garaged and protected all the time, ole mater I can just forget, jump in and drive her any place I'd like to go!!!

THANX RICH

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope, not while I'm its caretaker. It's just the way I got it from my pop and it's going to stay just like that.
I can park it anywhere and not have to worry about dents or scratches.
I can leave it parked outside all year round and not be concerned that the paint will fade or the clear coat will pop off.
I have some hot rods that have to be garaged and protected all the time, ole mater I can just forget, jump in and drive her any place I'd like to go!!!

THANX RICH
I LOVE you truck. :love