Dill

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok so quite a few of you have seen my SBG experiment and know that I'm using herbs and such for companion planting (radishes and squash! Who knew?!) I'm wanting to grow dill for pickling my cucumbers that I pray make it this year (they seem to hate pots) and paying $3 freaking bucks for dill seed is just too much for this minimum wage gal. So which veggies will appreciate dill or should I put it in the flower bed instead?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Somehow got dill once-think from a transplanted seed from folks. Now it comes up wild in garden.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dill will do well planted with corn, cucumber, lettuce, onion, beans and tomatoes. Once you have some growing, fresh dill is so good to season food with! And you can save seeds for next year, plus like seedcorn said, it will reseed itself.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trader Joes stopped carrying dill and McCormick for a tiny container was way too expensive. I thought of planting some but luckily my grocery store brought in a large jar of organic for $3. This will last me a long time. So now I have no need to grow it.

Mary

Latest posts