Dinner Last Night

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The hospital that Ashley was in not only has some of the best DR's in the region but they also have a KILLER cafeteria with a couple of grills/griddles and cooks that have actually been to culinary school :ep

Anyway, they have a meal there called Crazy Reid that was so dang good I had to come home and duplicate it. Sadly mine is not as good as their's but it's not bad. I thought I would share with ya'll since there are so many yummy veggies in this. This made enough for 4 people.

First I started with 3 TBS olive oil, 3 TBS minced garlic, 1 TBS seasoned salt, and 1/2 TBS crushed red pepper (red pepper is optional) over a medium high heat.

IMG_2572.jpg

Next I add about 1 1/2 cups chopped PRE-COOKED chicken breast

IMG_2573.jpg

Now I add 2 chopped celery stalks and 1 chopped sm-med onion

IMG_2574.jpg

Next is 1 sliced yellow squash and 1 sliced zuccini

IMG_2575.jpg

After the squash on goes about 2 C broccoli florets

IMG_2576.jpg

Next is 1 tomato cut in chunks

IMG_2577.jpg

Next about 1 1/2 - 2 C COOKED pasta - penne is best but these shells are what I had on hand

IMG_2578.jpg

Next is spinach leaves. A good handful.

IMG_2579.jpg

Last to go on is 3/4 cup white cooking wine (or regular if ya got it ;) ). When adding this try to slowly pour over everything so it all gets a little.

IMG_2580.jpg

Next put a cover on and let it steam until the spinach on top is well wilted. DO NOT STIR!

IMG_2581.jpg

This is what it looks like when done.

IMG_2582.jpg

Here it is on the plate ready for the next ingredients - homemade alfredo sauce, grated parmesan and grated asiago!

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

And here it is ready to be eaten..... :drool This has officially become one of my favs

IMG_2586.jpg

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That looks delicious. Isn't it amazing how far the hospital cafeterias and the hospital food in general has come.
I love the food at our local hospital. My daughter worked there all through high school.
All the local workers around the area go to the cafeteria on their lunch break instead of a restaurant and when churches or sports teams have events they order from the hospital cafeteria.
They will whip you up batches of chowder and bread bowls and things like that for your events.

I just may have to make that dish one night. Thanks for sharing.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wowzers!

That is a Meal fit for a Gardener! :celebrate

I am very impressed! I wouldn't leave a bite left! Then I would suffer LOL

Very very good meal! Blue Ribbon! :happy_flower

Ron

Latest posts