Do You Black Friday ?

rodeogirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I went once with my mom and hated every minute of it. But I would go with my boyfriend and his brother and sister in law any time. Even if it's just to watch his sister in law get in a fight which happens quite a bit.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only ONE time (and I was NOT a willing participant.) DH had the day off work ad decided it would be a good day to go with me to get gifts (I usually do it without him.) I told him No Way did he want to go that day. He said can't be that bad! Well needless to say after 2 stores we where home with very few items. Never again.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
LOVE Black Friday Shopping!!! My eldest DD had to work so my youngest DD and shopped, instead. It's takes some planning. You really need to avoid impulse purchases, unless you use them and the deal is great, like the $1.99 candle I bought last Friday. Check all of the ads ahead of time, check to see if you can buy it online instead, same price w/shipping. I bought DD's a snowblower and a 7cu ft. chest freezer, but I knew that the prices were the best all year before I bought them.
ALSO, we went back to the office Friday afternoon and I filled out ALL of the rebates to be mailed in and had them ready to go for Monday's mail. I'll be getting $70.00 back from Menard's, just in time for January house projects. THAT's also part of the plan.
We couldn't get everybody into town for the Verizon Black Friday sale, so we went yesterday for the Cyber Monday sale and all launched into the smart phone world of this century. I am probably the last person you know that was still using a burner phone as of yesterday. ROFL!
BTW, if you don't have the funds, Black Friday is painful!!! When I was 2 years married my inlaws pushed me to Black Friday shop with only $20.00 to spend. All of the rest of them were working full time and I got to watch them shop. NO FUN!!!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We took DD's Kia Rio (can park that Anywhere) and my Dodge Cummins 3500. We parked the truck at the office, drove to Menard's and discovered that the snowblower wouldn't fit. So DD drove back to the office and drove back the truck. I stood in the parking spot and waited, with the snowblower and the ads and my coffee. NOBODY even looked twice at me!

Last edited:

Latest posts