Do You have To Deal With Rush Hour traffic ?

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are 10 minutes from rt 80. So we always have to be aware of accident congestion. It's ok most of the time. Now certain weekends are a different story. We live just 10 minutes from the Pocono Raceway. We also have the vacationers from the "CITY" on big holidays.

So we do not go northward on these days as rt 80 is a parking lot. We only go south where there is no traffic....

Otherwise, we live near cows and corn and have no real traffic to speak of.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Traffic doesn't bother me. I learned to drive in Houston. I have nerves of steel. Idiots are idiots, you can't fix them. I get behind the wheel expecting people to be complete morons and I am never disappointed. I refuse to waste my time by becoming upset because of some moronic idiot with the brains of a dead earthworm. Why let someone like that ruin my day?

Even when we lived in Livingston, for several years I worked in Houston and drove 88 miles to work-one way. Then my job was outside sales, driving some more! People get mad over things they cannot control. Not me.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We darn near got in a good one coming into Olympia today we go our past Oly as we call it for chicken food anymore
coming back just before Tumwater where the Costco we go to is the fast lane was moving close to 70 then instant stop thankfully BF is quick on reflex chicken feed slid forward pretty good :fl

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, a roof is a very HOT place to work ...
I can imagine.

Just checked our forecast before going on TEG. Tomorrow will be an unusually cool summer day for 2017 but we start off next week right back again in the mid-90's for the afternoon highs.

I've seen roofers out near sundown, lately. I hope that they are getting siesta time! They probably have few thoughts beyond work other than finding someplace cool and getting time to rest.

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably not a real rush hour, but in town where my jobs are located and where I do my shopping it is getting more congested every year. In the summer the traffic is solid from stoplight to stoplight. Usually you can't make it through a green before it changes. And that's an all day deal most of the time. :(
I try to avoid town entirely on the weekends.
Yeah 95 sucks any more. And I 90 through Spokane is a nightmare during rush hour.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This post was coincidental. After posting how traffic doesn't really affect me I got news that Mama was taken to a large hospital in a large city and I had to negotiate the traffic that I usually don't bother with because I just plan to go a different time of day or go around the worse of it. This one time I could do neither. What I did is remember to drive safely and arrive safe and sound for my mother and family. Praying really helped me to accomplish both.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Traffic doesn't bother me. I learned to drive in Houston. I have nerves of steel. Idiots are idiots, you can't fix them. I get behind the wheel expecting people to be complete morons and I am never disappointed. I refuse to waste my time by becoming upset because of some moronic idiot with the brains of a dead earthworm. Why let someone like that ruin my day?
I couldn't believe that I actually drove in Houston this Christmas season. Once I read that it was the third largest city in the US, I almost wanted to ask a local to drive my car to the outskirts of town. Fortunately, I left on Sunday morning while everyone was still sleeping so driving out was easy-peasy.

I don't let them upset me either. I usually say a short prayer on the theory they have family, money, or health problems. All that worry affects their ability to concentrate on driving properly. God bless 'em.

Latest posts