Doesn't take much to make a gardener excited........

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
.....does it? This is my first, EVER, carrot. It ain't straight...but it's a carrot.

6615_phpxgkrgjam.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Such a difference between the poor, old dried out ones at the grocery store!!! Love that garden produce!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a nice sized carrot, boggy. :thumbsup

Last year was the first time I grew carrots too. Yet another thing the local nay-sayers say you can't grow around here. But I found that adding enough compost/manure to my red clay and growing a shorter type of carrot, I can do fine just fine with them. And they are soooooo much better homegrown than store-bought. I can't get over how much more carrot flavor they have. Love them in chicken and dumplings or chicken soup! I didn't do so well trying to store mine for winter though. Not enough humidity in my basement. But until I get a root cellar built (hopefully by the end of this summer), I will just chop and freeze them. Quicker to cook with anyway.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hooray!!! It is 10x bigger then my first carrot came out. :lol: You should be VERY proud. :tools

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have a lot of rocks in my ground so I have trouble growing a deep rooted one but I can grow the globe carrots just fine, They are round and about the size of a golf ball. hey're delicious.

Latest posts