Don't laugh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to hard!! UPDATE! progress pics

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS After my grandad retired from farming he took classes at the community collage for small engine repair. Since I hung out with him all the time I ended up learning a lot about them from him. That's only one of the things I learned from him. Also grew up on a farm in ID. There is plenty of things I don't know anything about such as income taxes, just ask the IRS. LOL

hoodat, I have been looking on the net here and there, but have not hit paydirt yet. And yes I have a problem with collecting things that look alot like junk. Just ask DW LOL.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There's a lot of satisfaction to be had in taking an old piece of farm machinery and making it run again. I and a friend rehabbed several old Farmall tractors and some horse drawn mowing machines.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is how the story turns out.I was able to get the engine running on the tiller by taking the carburator off of an old mower that a neibhor blew up. The bushings were easy enough to get and pretty cheap also. The problem was the rubber seals that went on the outside of the bushings to keep the gear oil from leaking out and on to the ground. I searched on the internet to try and match this tiller to anotherone so I would at least know what brand it was for getting parts. really had no luck with that, So I took it to a friend who repairs small engines . We tried making the rubber seals out of a couple different rubber materials but could not stop the oil from running out. This project was going nowhere fast, until the day I picked it up from my small engine friend. I put it in the back of my truck and did notunload it at home that night. So it ended up going to work with me the next day. One of the guys from the shop asked if it was for sale, because he had one just like it but it was missing some engine parts. he said he would give me what I had in it I could hardly refuse the offer. I went to drop it off at his house afterwork, we went out to his garden shed to put it inside , and i spotted another tiller with stuff piled all over it.I asked him about it and he told me the motor was blown up on it and his wife didnt like it because it was to heavy. we ended up trading straight across for the tillers.I already had a 5 horse side shaft motor at home that bolted right on the tiller so now I am in buisiness. here is the tiller it has 5 speeds plus reverse.

7254_tiller.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats! These projects always seem to solve themselves, somehow!! Happy Tilling!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been wondering what was going on with your project Collector, sounds like it really paid off to not unload your truck! Now you can till in all those truckloads of manure :D

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just when I was ready to give up on the whole thing and buy a new one it all worked out better than I was thinkin it would. This one is a much better tiller than the one I bought originally. The motor I had just picked up during the winter for $20 bucks. Sometimes it pays to be a collector.

Latest posts