Don't like what they're saying about you? Buy the company.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/Pages/the-buzz-on-beologics.aspx

Another take on why you would buy Beeology. Wish I would have known so I could invest. Bees are involved in 1/3 of agriculture, the ability to make profits is unbelievable. Most companies are all about profits--otherwise it's called a hobby.

A company the size Monsanto will put a great deal of money into research.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Mebbe they're gonna develop a Round-Up Ready honeybee.
I'm thinking bionic bee like Lee Majors........

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
we can rebuild them....make them buzz better...

ok, so i was a little too young to really remember that show. but, my hubby might! :p

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please take the knife out of my back.......

Before Lee Majors, MAN am I OLD!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, Maybe than should genetically develop humans so we are only say the size of mice.

That way, we would not need to eat as much food and can populate the planet to a good trillion before we need to develop genetically humans who are only the size of ants.

NEW ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM OF FEEDING HUMANS! SMALLER HUMANS!

HAY! GMO SOLUTIONS TO THE WORLD PROBLEMS!

With iddy biddy humans, we can have smaller countries, divvy the countries up so people who get along can live in tiny countries the size of counties.

smaller cars, less pollution!

smaller bombs would do the trick for wars too!

Heck, with iddy biddy mouse sized people, genetically fix us up so we can live 10,000 years and only have 2 kids each! Oh, we'd have to gmo the whole planet of animals of course. don't want our cats eating us!

yea...gmo humans...that'll solve everything!!!

first we need a gmo president...

forgive me for i am on espresso...

:caf

:yuckyuck

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a friend that is a Dr. and he went on a health care rant on Facebook a couple weeks ago about if the govt wanted to do anything about healthcare .... then stop the GMO foods.... and on and on. No reason for me to repeat it because we know the issue.s Anyway this is coming from a medical Dr. not just a small group on the internet. He's not a health nut and doesn't jog 14 miles a day, just a regular guy with a family. I am glad that the medical establishment is taking issue with this .

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know, really, if the gmo geneticists were serious about solving the world's food problems, they'd genetically engineer humans to be ant sized. We'd still have our equipment, some the same size, still be able to operate it with remote controllers and things.

One Cantaloupe would be enough desert for 1,000 ant sized humans for a week! Ten ears of Corn would be enough for a good sized town for a week or two. One side of beef could feed 10,000 ant sized humans for, I don't know, a month. Anyone have more accurate guesses?

Shoot, the world would be big enough for trillions, so we could make the ant sized humans live 20,000 years each, and not worry about overpopulation!

And heck, while doing the engineering, they could make the humans be able to digest grasses or bark.

Oh! I forgot living 3 dimensionally. Some underground, some above ground. Heck, not just trillions...quintillions of humans! Oh, and what easy payloads for rockets to Mars! Engineered to breathe co2, and to enjoy below zero temps, and very low pressure. Do it right, and engineer them to live in jupiter's atmosphere

Modern gulliver's travels?