Dormant oil spray discovery

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use a summer oil spray that is made of 92% fish oil and 5% sesame oil.
It's listed for soft bodied insects as well as scales, and last year I used it pro-actively on all the plants that usually succumb to powdery mildew and it was successful at preventing it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fish?!

I didn't know we had gotten to that as well! Summer spray, eh? I'd seen the sesame.

The label on the mineral oil for the one peach tree in my backyard has already fallen off with age.

This seems dated but I'd meant to post it: http://www.colostate.edu/Dept/CoopExt/4dmg/PHC/hortoil.htm

Steve

Thanks for that link. I'm printing it out to keep in my work notebook along with the labels of the products I use, just as a good reference.

It didn't mention fish oils, but the product I use all the time (Organocide) has that as the main ingredient. I thought it was mostly sesame oil, until I looked the label up online. I wonder if that changes anything? I'm happy with it at any rate, and it works so well for my applications that I'll keep it in my arsenal.
I've used it on a variety of plants throughout the summer and have never had any adverse reactions to it.

Latest posts