Dowton Abby

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I stumbled across this last year just after the season started and was instantly hooked. Threw a little 'party' on Facebook with some other DA fans when this season started up again. Have watched it faithfully every Sunday night for weeks.... and am SOO dissappointed with the last 2 minutes of the last show of the season....
REALLY????? :th

Is (was) anyone else a DA fan? What did you think of this season? And of the ending? :smack

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've been a fan, but I think it veered into full -on soap opera territory this season! I heard the actor playing Matthew wanted out, but killing off 2 main characters in one season is a little too Walking Dead for PBS. I'll keep watching tho, in the hopes Edith will finally have some luck in love. And I love the downstairs folks. :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
We love the show!! I really look forward to it.... The ending was a disappointment. I suppose if one of the actors wants another job- they have to make them "go away" one way or another. I guess the moral of that story was- don't drive happy! I will be looking forward to it next year! How about those grounds and gardens??

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tv show. Haven't seen much of that in awhile.

Do they have inexpensive satellite tv where you get a cut rate if you only want 12 tv stations?

amc
pbs
cbs
abc
nbc
western movies
turner movies
discovery
animal planet
history channel
2 more to figure out later...oh yea! oldies cartoons! Bugs,Wiley, Porky, Betty, Daffy, Underdog
and uh, a music station that plays good music from say 1954 to 1990 mixes it up and slips in good other music here and there, and always lets the music play to the actual end, and has a dj who never fails to say the tune title and artist, when it hit what on the charts, slips in something about the tune and goes to the next one...ya know, like what's never been done before?

the tv satellite dish should be able to hook up to a laptop and go straight to the monitor, and it'd be cool if it could split screen with the computer on simultaneously for multitasking.

Is that asking too much? Who needs 48,759 channels? A few months ago I was at a friend's house and, not kidding here, his tv was on channel 6,082, and it was some guy with funny hair getting paid to eat fancy stuff in a fancy restaurant and to talk about it.

ok, sorry 'bout that. Back to your regular programming. :hide

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Tv show. Haven't seen much of that in awhile.

Do they have inexpensive satellite tv where you get a cut rate if you only want 12 tv stations?

amc
pbs
cbs
abc
nbc
western movies
turner movies
discovery
animal planet
history channel
2 more to figure out later...oh yea! oldies cartoons! Bugs,Wiley, Porky, Betty, Daffy, Underdog
and uh, a music station that plays good music from say 1954 to 1990 mixes it up and slips in good other music here and there, and always lets the music play to the actual end, and has a dj who never fails to say the tune title and artist, when it hit what on the charts, slips in something about the tune and goes to the next one...ya know, like what's never been done before?

the tv satellite dish should be able to hook up to a laptop and go straight to the monitor, and it'd be cool if it could split screen with the computer on simultaneously for multitasking.

Is that asking too much? Who needs 48,759 channels? A few months ago I was at a friend's house and, not kidding here, his tv was on channel 6,082, and it was some guy with funny hair getting paid to eat fancy stuff in a fancy restaurant and to talk about it.

ok, sorry 'bout that. Back to your regular programming. :hide
I love that show lol.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
hahahahaha

Pretty much all I watch is the early morning news on one of the 'big three', PBS in one form or another (NOVA & Downton Abby) and cartoon network (hate to admit that I'm hooked on Adventure Time.....:hide).
If I stumble across a marathon of Castle or NCIS <you can't get too much Mark Harmon> then I'll watch one of those for a little while but mostly the TV is my roommate's.

The computer.. now there's another story. :caf

Latest posts