Dreaming ....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
1503914_640165682709391_69174605_n.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love to look at all the catalogs. I got a Burpee catalog, it was page after page of hybrids......took it to church for the 4 & 5 year old class to cut all the pictures out and paste to construction paper!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every garden worth the planting must begin with a dream, there is no other way of beginning a garden. Josephine Nuese (the same author as above.)
Thank you, Carol Dee.

Steve

Last edited:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've gotten not only used to waking up at 3 or 4 am, but now it's even enjoyable.

I use my inverter and batteries when it is this early.

Sometimes the dream is of the garden.

Up to new year the garden seems like the end of last year's garden.

Sometime close to after new year the garden seems like the beginning of this year's garden.

Even though I'm already thinking of the year after even when I'm just preparing and planting, it's when the dream turns into plans, the plans into sequences, and that into action that things happen.

And then reality hits. These calf muscles in my legs, that tightness in my neck. Oh yea. Stooped over clearing out the berry bed, using the small propane torch on the soil, making awkward contortions pruning berry plants.

But I get up and do it again. I like making things grow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The quote in my post looked much better in Vivaldi font.

Maybe that was only in my browser. Shoot.

I will go back and change that.

digitS'

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Starting with a dream is true, but why do my dreams always make gardening seem 'a breeze' and harvesting a given? Why are my dream-filled eyes perusing the catalogs bigger than my space and ability to deliver?

Where are the quotes for realism in gardening? "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"?

Latest posts