Drip Irrigation Timer Setup

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
okay Im confused here I have a timer made by dig corp. 9001d and it says max flow rate 5.2 gallons per minute. Ive done the math and the water coming out of my spigot is at 7 gallons per minute. Now do I have to lower the pressure before the timer or can I still hook the timer up and then pressure regulator and it will be alright. My idea is Spigot,Backflo,Timer,pressure regulator, filter then Mainline. See the drip line is rated at a certain gpm and thats the reason for the pressure regulator.If anybody can help I would appreciate it

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Can you tell us if the timer is a spring-wound, electronic, of fluid-flow type? The spring-wound and the electronic timers are not effected by water pressure or flowrate but a fluid-flow type of timer is definitely influenced by the flowrate and possibility by the pressure as well. Is the GPM flowrate really that critical?

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's battery operated I don't have to wind it I guess that would be electronic. I just wanted to make sure so I wouldn't mess my timer up lol thank you for your information it's greatly appreciated.

Latest posts