Ducks

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just took a video of the ducks (including Buddy, the duck that Old Guy gave me) and put it on YouTube. If anyone wants to see trained ducks (or am I the one who's trained?) go check it out here .

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes, OG, Buddy is doing great, although he has the loudest "QUACK" I've ever heard on drake. Still no drake feather either. Are you sure he's a he?
Desert, they only pretend to be ducks when there's food involved, they still haven't mastered the waddle yet though.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The Mama Chicken said:
Yes, OG, Buddy is doing great, although he has the loudest "QUACK" I've ever heard on drake. Still no drake feather either. Are you sure he's a he?
No, I'm not so sure now. I (we) assumed he was because he(?) kept jumping on the other ducks as if he was trying to mate with the. Now we see that kind of behavior with all of them. Dominance thing, maybe?

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Maybe, whatever it is we're very pleased to have him/her around. Buddy is my best grasshopper catcher, which is great 'cause we have tons of grasshoppers this year.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes, those chickens need to work on their disquises a little bit. At least if they waddle with a duck attitude they would look less conspicuas! Too funny and I love how clean and white your ducks are. So pretty!

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I posted this on BYC, but for those who missed it:

A few weeks ago I was watching the ducks frolicking in their pond when I noticed one chicken standing about 12' away studying them intently. She'd watch and cock her head, just really looking at what they were doing. After about 10 minutes of this she walked over closer to the pool and watched from close up. Than to my amazement she stuck her whole head into the water, much as the ducks had been doing.

Of course, she immediately pulled it back out sputtering, spitting and coughing, and went running back to the rest of the flock clucking loudly. I'm guessing she was telling the other hens what idiots the ducks are.

Strange but true. :lol:

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Cute video! My ducks and geese are trained too...but all they know is 'treats' and 'go to your room' LOL