Dumb Computer Question

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do you set up margins for paragraphs. Going back to high school typing class the type writer had a tab key that set margin. My key board doesn't have a tab key. How do I indent beginning of paragraph ?

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you are using MS Word, there is a setting in the top tabs called "layout". In there you will find a setting called "margins" so you can set your left, right top and bottom margins.

Word snip.PNG

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do you set up margins for paragraphs. Going back to high school typing class the type writer had a tab key that set margin. My key board doesn't have a tab key. How do I indent beginning of paragraph ?
There is a tab key. But you should be using some program like word. Any body can use it with a little searching inn the header.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alex, we need to know what program you are using. Help us help you.

Silly computer, it would not let me finish typing. Anyway explain a little better what you want. I think you want to indent the first line of a new paragraph, not the entire paragraph. Is that correct?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
All I do is press space bar five times to indent new paragraphs. It doesn't matter what program I'm using.

It is only when I want to change margins of a whole section that I need to learn how a program works.