Early Snow!!

ldburton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Good morning all. We had 12-18" of new snow this weekend. It was supposed to pass us and hit Montana & Wyoming. It was verrry wet but then it got down to 9 degrees so is verrry frozen now. I am so glad my turkeys are in the freezer and I had gotten ready (more or less) for winter on Friday.
What's left of the garden is hidden under beautiful stuff.

tfpets

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am glad you are ready for winter!
I wont even tell my DH about it :D
We live in Northern California - he's such a nut for the snow that he has a "Got Snow" sticker on the back of his 4x4. He would love to be where you are!!
I've lived in California all of my life, its 75 degrees outside right now....and I'm lovin' it! I dont wanna be cold yet??
Stay warm,
Tina/tfpets

dixiechick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
WOW!! We are roasting at 89 degrees today!!! It's hard to enjoy the Fall Corn Maze when it's SO hot!!! BUT, I will say, I can't handle being too cold either....

ldburton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well, it was warmer this morning at 17 degrees and supposed to be in the 70's later in the week. We still have potatoes to harvest (more than a pivot and a half) and grain to plant, so it I hope it warms up and dries out for a couple of weeks, anyway.
I keep thinking I will get to move to a warmer climate with longer growing season, but there they have tornadoes and hurricanes and bugs.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh WOW! Early winter this year I suppose?!

We're currently still in the 80's!

tfpets

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We were at 54 Degrees this morning, going up to the 80's this afternoon....
Supposed to have a threat of rain next week....that means some snow at our higher elevations above where I live in California, that tickles my husband, but it probably wont bring much! The moisture is nice, it brings the slightest hint of green back to the ground, especially where the area has been devastated by fire......Growth is good!

Come on Snow! Just not in my yard!!

ldburton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well, all that lovely white stuff is almost gone and mud is drying rapidly (they figure close to an inch of moisture). They hope to get into the fields next week. It hasn't gotten much below 30 degrees the rest of this week and up into the 70's for today. Beautiful day!!

Latest posts