Easy To Buy But Then

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I planted hundreds of spring bulbs. When something is 50% or more off I go into autopilot and fill shopping cart. I did that twice this week. I had a trunk jam full of bulbs with time running out to plant. I enlisted the paid help of nephew to help. He would dig wide holes I would place bulbs and cover. First hour I spaced bulbs made sure all stay right side up while covering :). By 3 hour I was ripping package open over hole, bulbs stayed where they fell:fl. I am so glad I missed this year tree clearance.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
They'll grow just fine. Fortunately for us gardeners in a hurry God the creator built geotropism into a plants hormones. The roots will grow toward gravity and the tops will grow away from it.

I have done the same as you describe. Throw them in a hole , sweep dirt over them with my foot and move on. They always come up and bloom beautifully!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
They're so irresistible in the package, especially with those photos of blooming lusciousness!
If you had a trunkful that's a whole lot of individual bulbs.:eek:
I cracked up at your comment on missing the tree clearance. Haha!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well this is all I have to plant. Had to have orange to match my coop! haha
IMG_1015.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, they weren't on sale. Paid regular price. But I really don't have room for more. I think I can handle planting 10 bulbs, haha.

Mary

Latest posts