Edging

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I used some curved edging set in mortar then used mortar to shape and create a stone border look. If you look at the top left you can see were it is unfinished.

handcarved.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That came out really neat- you don't know how lucky you are not to have winter! That wouldn't last 5 minutes in upstate NY!! We have to go down 3-4 feet with everything, to get past frost line.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
That came out really neat- you don't know how lucky you are not to have winter! That wouldn't last 5 minutes in upstate NY!! We have to go down 3-4 feet with everything, to get past frost line.
Thanks I love the weather here.
I do not like the cold at all! I live in just the right zone for my liking.
A freeze don't last more then 4 or 5 hours if we even get one.

Last year we had 3 or 4 freezes. I lost a lot of tropicals.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like the way you made it look so natural. This is very clean and very tidy.

Have you tried your hand at making Hypertufa? I bet you would be very good at it.

Here is a website I was reading about it; I hate the pop-up when you put your cursor over the address bar, but other than that an informative site.

http://www.the-artistic-garden.com/hypertufa.html

I think I will try my hand at some of this,

Thanks for sharing your artistic creation..it is artwork!:D

Ron

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok that is too cool edging huh ...

I used grout and strapping tape for our downstairs bathroom floor ..everyone thinks it is stone work! ...it makes a great cheap tile looking floor ...when you play with colors it looks like flag stone! ..I am going to do this on my patio next summerand looking at your edging I think I will make a trim around the floor to edge in my garden and keep the dirt in the garden ... thank you so much for the idea!

I wonder if grout would be hardier for other climates and doing something like edging than the concrete? or can you add something to the concrete like I am planning to do for my new kitchen counter?

and always love to open your threads to see what you are up to! :weee

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
I like the way you made it look so natural. This is very clean and very tidy.

Have you tried your hand at making Hypertufa? I bet you would be very good at it.

Here is a website I was reading about it; I hate the pop-up when you put your cursor over the address bar, but other than that an informative site.

http://www.the-artistic-garden.com/hypertufa.html

I think I will try my hand at some of this,

Thanks for sharing your artistic creation..it is artwork!:D

Ron
Well thank you! I have thought about the hypertufa. The part about this I don't care for is that it's life is limited to the organic matter used as a filler.
If you look at my turtle water fall the cement I used I made from scratch. I used Portland, Flexbond thinset, Sand I dug from about 4 feet down in my back yard. I used the fine sand to help make the cement more watertight.

HiDelight I am not sure how a stucco edge would hold up in winter for you.
And thanks I try to keep it fun! :frow

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I went to a customer's house and repaired his garage door.
He asked if I know any one that does landscape edging.
I answer, "Why yes I do, me!"

He loved what I showed him. but is to time consuming.
So I showed him a few ideas and he liked the angled idea for easy mowing and edging.

I walked if off and he wants 350' of edging. Now I just need to figure a price per foot. I have all the tools including a cement mixer.
dollartekens.gif

Latest posts