Eggplant leaves turning white

sunnychooks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted eggplant 4 days ago and the leaves are turning white. They are turning white from the vein in the middle of the leave outward. After they turn there looks like there are small holes developing. What is this? It's not affecting any of the other veggies (peas, sweet peppers, 2 varieties of tomato, zucchini and carrots).

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Maybe their not getting a certain nutrient in the soil so their turning white, its a possibility.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Were they properly hardened off before planting? That sounds like what happens to my plants when I don't give them enough time to acclimate outside before being planted in full sun/wind. I hope they make it!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I agree with me&thegals,

Chances are these plants were grown in a greenhouse and or under a shadecloth; they could have been started in just bright light (like a window). Then when they were exposed to the full sun they dehydrated and turned white.

It is damage done, so there is no use in worrying about it. The important thing is the stem or plant base; as long as it is still green and firm than new leaves will emerge shortly. All subsequent growth will be adapted to the environment they are sitting in.

I doubt you will even notice in a few weeks time.

Ron

Latest posts