Eggplant Recipes for those of us lucky enough to have a glut! I wish!!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:weee Finally my Eggplants are starting to flower, and this was from a very late planting when i had a little trouble with the seedlings dying then i had to replant seeds.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've had that Hattie, or close enuf!! But, burning aubergine, oh gosh!

The acrid smoke is a little tuff to take! And, that was in a fireplace where it had somewhere to go :rolleyes:.

I gotta say that I'm at something of a loss with making use of eggplant. I had some for lunch today . . . breaded. If'n I want to get a little fancier, there's eggplant parmigiana - which uses breaded eggplant. I should take a close look at Catalina's burger recipe (doesn't use "breaded" . . . oh, I guess it would almost be the same). There are "different" Asian ways . . .

I like the flavor of the long green Asian eggplant but they aren't very suitable for slicing and breading . . . :rolleyes: But, to my way of thinking, a green eggplant is superior to a purple. There's a variety called AppleGreen that is round like a softball. Obviously, it is green and the shape lends itself to the only way I make any use of the veggie . . . breaded :rolleyes:

White eggplant is good, too! One of these days, they'll come up with a variety that has a yolk :cool:.

Steve

Latest posts