Everything is slowly dying...

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It has been raining EVERY afternoon and night for about 2 (?) weeks without fail. Our yard and garden are flooded (swamp-like!) and everything is dying. Check out my latest blog entry to see it. It's depressing. I'm wishing I could start over with raised beds, but no money right now to get materials. :he

I'm definitely depressed. :hit Thanks for letting me vent.
Send me some sunshine vibes, please. :coolsun

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You know what? I heard the east coast is getting heavier rain events, and will be in the future too. If I were you, I would take this as a warning and build those raised beds as soon as you can.

Meanwhile . . . :hit I am sorry you seem to have lost most of your garden. Even losing a few plants can be hard. Losing a full garden sounds really depressing. :th

I will trade you sunshine vibes for some rain. Is it a trade? :thumbsup

:coolsun :coolsun :coolsun

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Believe me i feel your pain, have you read my post about my watermelons. Just hang in there hopefully mother nature will change for the better, dont give up just yet.

Here some sun:

:coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep thinking it will be summer soon. It was so rainy and dark today, I could hardly stand it. I didn't even walk into my garden- or should I say "wade" into my garden? Better days have got to be coming!

Debby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, GrowingVeggiesinSC. We're getting relentless rain, drizzle, clouds, downpours, showers and thunderstorms up here in PA, too. I would say it has been for three or more weeks. I wish there were something I could do to help you out. Good luck.

I can't imagine how disheartening this would have been for those early farmers who survived (or not) on what they produced from the garden.

Debby

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
WE are getting a lot of rain here north of you in NC. I told my husband I should have planted rice this year because it is one plant of that likes this much water. . My garden is doing okay but not great. it is supposeto be in the 90's the next few days so maybe it will dry out.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
gone 2 seed said:
WE are getting a lot of rain here north of you in NC. I told my husband I should have planted rice this year because it is one plant of that likes this much water. . My garden is doing okay but not great. it is supposeto be in the 90's the next few days so maybe it will dry out.
gone 2 seed, now theres an idea :D :celebrate!!

That would be interesting to grow rice, where would you get the seed for it, in the past i tried growing rice from the supermarkets but its parboiled for some reason.

I know rice likes bog-like conditions i guess its a lot like growing other grain like oats except the different conditions they grow in.

Very interesting :coolsun

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Debby said:
I can't imagine how disheartening this would have been for those early farmers who survived (or not) on what they produced from the garden.
I kept thinking the same thing. We were not having to buy any produce for about a month, and it was SO nice! Now we're back at the grocery store, buying things that we were growing ourselves. Meh. :rant But... at least we HAVE grocery stores and the option of buying food!

I will glady send some of the rain anywhere it needs to go!

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about your garden. Mother Nature can be a real pain sometimes. It is depressing after all the hard work you put in. My gardens dried out pretty well and some pole beans are popping up, so keep some hope. I'll be sending you warm, dry sunny thoughts...

:coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun
:rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun
:coolsun :coolsun

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh please send me rain, we wont get it until December here in drought-land.

Sorry to hear of your flooding troubles....

Could you perhaps shovel out channels to divert the water flow or use old lumber to block the water flow into the garden rows?