Experiencing a probably false spring... Anybody else?

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, the feel of early Spring against your face... tranquil... numbing...
20210204_145629.jpg

An early Spring you say??? Winter says :smack

Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nothing false in my neck of the woods, we are always expectant but never get too antsie till mid April. Don’t be fooled by the clear, blue sky; it was 10 below yesterday.
i take that first picture of the greenhouse / garden on Feb 6th (my birthday) each year as a reference to past years snow fall. Don’t be misled by how little we currently have either, between now and late April it can really pile up.
this year i added the tree picture to the mix and by repeating that shot in March, April and May i’ll get a bit of a perspective of the solar declination of the sun as our day lengthen rapidly now. By June the sun will be above that cottonwood and pretty much just travels in a circle above us, covering a roughly 270 degree path.

Attachments

• 5B027127-1F5F-47C4-A688-ED7AC5F93EA3.jpeg
    5B027127-1F5F-47C4-A688-ED7AC5F93EA3.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 08E502D7-E3C8-4757-9EC6-D8182F203BD9.jpeg
    08E502D7-E3C8-4757-9EC6-D8182F203BD9.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 171

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing false in my neck of the woods, we are always expectant but never get too antsie till mid April. Don’t be fooled by the clear, blue sky; it was 10 below yesterday.
i take that first picture of the greenhouse / garden on Feb 6th (my birthday) each year as a reference to past years snow fall. Don’t be misled by how little we currently have either, between now and late April it can really pile up.
this year i added the tree picture to the mix and by repeating that shot in March, April and May i’ll get a bit of a perspective of the solar declination of the sun as our day lengthen rapidly now. By June the sun will be above that cottonwood and pretty much just travels in a circle above us, covering a roughly 270 degree path.

Belated Happy Birthday Alasgun! Beautiful pics. We are sliding downward in temps too, not much snow here still, but like you said there is still plenty of winter left. Hope springs eternal 😄.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems that those clear, sunny winter days are always the coldest.
1612907532934.gif

Following my photo of falling snow above, we went into a deep freeze. It was below 0 F. at night Saturday, and Sunday's high was 0 F. The night-time negative temps will continue for another 7-8 days, with highs mostly in the single digits. Chances are this cold will reach pretty far South before this arctic blast moves on.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If things are too tough at home, and if it might help, we can look at Cut Bank Montana.

LINK - Weather Service Cut Bank just has too many things going against it right now ...

We are headed to single digitS'. It wasn't quite that cold yet but I was out just before noon, running several errands. The wind chill was 11°f. Too much of a breeze!

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
If things are too tough at home, and if it might help, we can look at Cut Bank Montana.

LINK - Weather Service Cut Bank just has too many things going against it right now ...

We are headed to single digitS'. It wasn't quite that cold yet but I was out just before noon, running several errands. The wind chill was 11°f. Too much of a breeze!

Steve
Wow, the daytime high in Montana is about equal to my nighttime low. Guess that moves it way down on my "wish I was there" list. ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

WildBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I was walking around barefoot yesterday. The temperature is cooler now, but no sign of winter temps or snow. This is just crazy. I hope the weather stays like this, or just gets winter over with. I still think it's too early for spring (I'm perfectly happy with spring! But it is so odd).

Latest posts