Fallen over zuchhini plants?

Augustmomx2

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I currently have 4 zuchhini plants. They are all doing great, all have little zuchhinis on them. This morning though I woke up, checked on my garden (while I'm letting my chickens out) and notice that 2 of my plants have literally tipped over :hu

We did have storms last night. But the thing that concerns me is that the zuchhinis themselves are exposed. So, they are exposed to bugs, birds and the sun. I attempted to flip them back over, but they are so large and heavy they won't stay "up." Should I just leave them or try to prop them up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure on this one, but if the plant is not wilted from being flipped I think I would just leave it alone and it will adjust the leaves its self????

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
August

Don't worry about it. They will fix themselves. With all the rain we have been getting here mine have done it about 6 times this year already.

Augustmomx2

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You guys were totally right :D I went out there this morning and they have readjusted themselves. Whew! Just goes to show that nature knows what it is doing.

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Give them time.

If they don't pop back up, you can tie them to a dowel. Thats what I had to do with my squash.