Fantastic Fungi

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finally, it's available on Netflix in Germany!

I read a few years ago a book from a German forester and author, Peter Wohllebn - The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate. From this book, I had a chance to peek into the fantastic world of Fungi.

Later, I realized there is an incredible documentary, Fantastic Fungi; however, it was never available in Germany until today. I am overwhelmed watching just the first 10 minutes; it's difficult to describe when all the information you have read in lines becomes so visualized.

It's pretty reasonable that Star Trek used Mycelium and spore drive concepts to travel and explore the universe. :love

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I studied fungi in my youth, and felt confident enough in my ability to identify some of the more unique edible types (such as morels, beefsteak mushrooms, coral mushrooms and puffball) that I began harvesting them from my grand parents' property. This worried my Grand Father, who while an experienced woodsman, had never eaten anything but canned mushrooms. He was less worried after watching me eat some sauteed young sliced puffball mushrooms, and trying a morel omelet.:drool

Latest posts