Farm Kings

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!,

Just wanted to tell everyone about this series on GAC called Farm Kings, it premieres tonight at 9. I'm watching it right now and it looks very interesting its all about farming. Their a family in PA that farms and sells their produce for a living on 200 acres more or less. I keep thinking to myself, this is what I envision my life to be like one day :fl . I think we can all learn something from them. They seem like a great group of hard working Americans.
I'm going to watch the rest of this now. Hope everyone has some time to see it!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No cable here, but maybe we can find it online somewhere. Since reality shows are so "hot" right now, I was wondering why there wasn't a show about farmers. But then I imagined me working out in my garden, and I realized it might not be the most interesting thing to watch! :lol: Hopefully it's more of a true picture of farming, and they don't try to manufacture drama. :/ I remember years ago there was a documentary on PBS about farm families. I wasn't even dreaming about farming at that time, and I still thought that show was sooo interesting.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
curlykate,

You're in luck, If you go to WWW.GACTV.COM then click "On TV" and look for Farm Kings, they have a video online about their show. Take a look, it sure is quite interesting. And no it isn't about manufacture drama, its looks like the true real deal farming. Maybe Youtube has videos on it too, if you want to look.

Have a look! ;)

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Boy! You really hit the nail on the head with the "manufactured drama" comment. I have all but abandoned TLC, Nat Geo, Discovery, etc. channels for that reason. I get up and walk when ever they make something simple into a crisis and talk, talk, talk, talk. Blah, blah, blah over and over again. Something else that is very popular these days on TV shows is they tell you what they're going to tell you ten times before the actually tell it to you. It seems that the typical 60 minute program contains about 30 minutes of substance nowadays. And I pay Direct TV good money for them to show me a bazillion commercials every hour.

RANT OVER. :/

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link, Greenthumb. I'm definitely going to see if we get that show for all the shirtless eye candy...i mean great gardening tips they have to offer...yeah, that's it! Plus kinda cool that i grew up in PA and lived for a few years near Pittsburgh.

Latest posts