Farmer's Market Halloween Dahlias

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
These were some Dahlia/Pumpkin arrangements I did for our local Farmer's Market just before Halloween......
7566_374940_454659261264909_289560155_n.jpg

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Absolutely gorgeous! Did you sell them?
Yes....One day I took 13 arrangements...some in my Blue Jarahdale Pumpkins and sold them all.....not too bad for 3 1/2 hours there. I'm doing some for the indoor Market for Thanksgiving too....but my Dahlias are toast....I'm using mixed evergreens and Fall flowers that are still going strong for the arrangements.....also in Pumpkins/Squash.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rusty, I think it would be great for a gardener in a warmer climate to see that picture and have an arraignment like one of those for Thanksgiving. Anyone would enjoy greeting their guests with something like that.

:rainbow-sun!

You are an inspiration!

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've always wanted to use a pumpkin as a vase... maybe next year! Love them- not surprised you sold them, they are beautiful!

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Steve and Lesa......I've done arrangements in Citrus fruit as well.....no need to clean them out....just cut the tops off and stick flowers and greens in. The Citric acid helps preserve them....it works great for just a quick, small arrangement for the dinner table......just an idea to pass to my buddies here. Oh...and I forgot...the arrangement smells like the fruit.....great when the Dahlias have no perfume of their own.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, in the pumpkins, do you clean them out then put a piece of oasis in to hold water and hold the stems in place?

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
So, in the pumpkins, do you clean them out then put a piece of oasis in to hold water and hold the stems in place?
Yep.....I clean them out but not too much, ......you don't want any holes and get water leaks. I place apiece of soaked oasis in and some extra water.....then I add some greens and Fall leaves, maybe a sprig of crab apples, pussy willows, wheat stocks, cat tails,,,,and then my flowers. Here are some flowers that I did for one of our flower shows...title was..."Grandma's Country Garden"....
7566_pics_of_rustys_arrangements_002.jpg
Here is one from another show we had...theme was: "Polynesian Paradise"...... I'm standing in front of one of my pieces and the artwork of the Cockatoos on the wall was one of my pieces of artwork I had done for an earlier art show.....it fit the theme....
7566_flowershow2008_018.jpg

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I thought I would show this photo of a visitor I had a couple of years ago sitting In one of my Black Walnut trees over the dahlia bed.
7566_bald_eagle.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your beautiful floral arrangements kinda make me miss my years of working in flower shops, but not enough to go back to working in one. The holidays!!!:ep
Still, I do miss the smell of all those fresh flowers, and the rose thorns in my shoes.:/

Latest posts