Farmers Markets?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG, MTNCKN! :)

I've had pretty good success with my craft booth at local craft fairs for about 10 years... a bit different but same concept.

I think that having a large variety of things is as important as what you are selling.... Also, the appearance of your booth.
Sometimes half the battle is getting customers to wander over or stop to look, esp. for someone new to the market.

Last year, there was couple in a booth across from me selling the coolest birch log centerpieces and candles (very different and beautifully made!). They displayed them on a wrinkled white tablecloth with beat up plastic totes sticking out from under the table. I've seen better displays at a garage sale. People would walk by, not even taking a second look. The couple sat behind the table, arms folded, and not even so much as a smile.
I have seen similar lack of success at booths that display a very limited variety of items.

Personally, at farmer's markets, any booth that has flowers or any type of plant grabs my attention and I have to check it out. Undoubtedly, DH will not leave the booth without a purchase ...:)... nor will he pass up a booth giving out a free sample ... :lol: (Not sure if this is permitted at all farmer's markets, but they sure like it around here! :D)

With competition esp. at farmer's markets where so many booth are selling the same 'in season' crops, it may be smart to consider a booth share with someone if you think your items may be too limited.
I enjoy the shows, and getting to know the vendors, as much as the sales! Best of luck to you!

Latest posts