Favorite plant duo

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This is from an accidental seeding of Forget-me-nots into my Epimedium 'Rubrum' bed. But I really love it! Especially since the forget-me-not foliage is small and dies off so quickly. The Epimedium hides it.
2069646832_d547b7df2c.jpg

Who else has unintentional pairings that have turned out well?

country freedom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You could have that as an Avatar! Beautiful pairing of plants!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It really is! I've got both plants out there, but in totally different areas. Time to spread some seeds.....:)

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
one time I mistakenly planted carrot seeds. It took me a while to figure out that I used the wrong seed packet. I was trying to plant lettuce.
so I scraped the carrot seeds off the garden floor and gently planced the lettuce seeds on the floor so they can grow. But like always, my lettuce never sprouts but for some reason, the carrots still grew :he so I decieded to take care of them. Then they turned out to be one of the best tasting carrots ever! :ya

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, I tried to take your suggestion about making that photo my avatar, but am failing miserably. The system just doesn't seem to upload the new photo.

I'll keep trying. Thank you for the suggestion.

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Beautiful pic! I don't have any duos that I've created accidently or otherwise. Most of what is here at the farm has been here years and years and was planted by the SO's mama or grandma. We have something that down here is called 'bare naked ladies'. As a single flower I think they are ugly, but they're prettier growning in a cluster. They are growing in surprise! clusters all over the yard. The SO tries to eradicate them with the lawn mower but they just pop right back up again.
If any plantings in the yard automatically bring a smile to my face it would have to be the flowering clover and the wild strawberries that grow around the foundation of the house...and I do mean all the way around! Some of the clover leaves are the largest I have ever seen, much larger than a silver dollar. I'm still looking to find a 4 leaf one amongst them.

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
sgtsheart, is that where the pop band "Bare Naked Ladies" got its name? What's the latin name of that plant? Sounds cool, even if it's a weed.

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Gourd-geous pic! (LOL) I had forget-me-nots, but they died out. :(

The "naked ladies" are some sort of native amarylllis bulb.

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Bluebird, are you the gourd person? I don't grow gourds, but I have three "sugar pumpkins" leftoever from my harvest, and I don't know whether they're still worth cooking with. They were harvested two months ago.

BTW, the reason I still have them is because MY girls turn up their little beaks at them! I keep telling them that OTHER people's chickens LOVE them and leap tall buildings for them, but no luck.

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Buff Hooligans,

YES! I'm Carole AM on the other board

I think if the pumpkins haven't froze yet, they should be fine to cook with. My chickens LOVE my pumpkins! I went and got a bunch after Halloween!

Latest posts