Favorite teams

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's that time of year again. Saturday and Sunday are filled with the drone of the crowd and the less than colorful voices of the play-by-play and color guys in the press box. I admit I am not much of a football follower. If it weren't for DH, I would much rather be cleaning the coop or brushing the bunny. But for HIS sake I pretend to listen and care about each play as he does.

My favorite college team is playing tonight. For some reason DH always laughs when I tell him North Dakota is my favorite collegiate sports team. My next stop is to the TV room to see how ND is doing. When last I looked they were a tad bit behind.

My favorite professional team is South Dakota. DH prefers the Colts. He's been rooting for them since Johnny U.'s days on the team. I am alright rooting for HIS team as long as they aren't playing against my SD guys.

If the game isn't exciting, I expect I'll just go on to bed and snuggle down for a freezing night. Football isn't much fun to watch without DH calling all the plays. He's just so cute! I did say I'm not much of a football fan, didn't I.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am no longer much of a football fan and I blame a little of that on my spouse.

But, I'd better just start off by asking, "What professional football team calls South Dakota home?

:hu

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if they can set this up for a bubble:

Cashing In On The Fantasy-Sports Economy (link), covering fantasy team owners against risk :rolleyes:.

Yeah, a real financial crisis based on derivatives of credit default swaps . . . Taking their payoffs to an off-shore tax haven . . . Seems like we've seen something like this play out before, tho' . . .

Steve :/

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
[Fantasy Football] I wonder if they can set this up for a bubble: Steve :/
If it can be done, it will be eventually. I just hope my brother gets out of Fantasy Football before the explosion and scandal. I know he was using my E-mail address for something related to his FF group. Just as I am not a football fan, I am NOT a gambler. Somehow I always felt like a foundling in my family - no drinking, no cards, no cheating, no speeding, no gambling. Sigh! My single biggest gamble was getting married. Even 43 years later that was enough for me.

Not sure where the SD team calls home. Just that it sounds as if North Dakota and South Dakota would be underdogs in any match-up and I usually root for the underdog. By the way, North Dakota' s fighting Irishmen did beat their opponents last night 14 points to the 10 points USC's Trojans gained. . . not that I was interested enough to see the end of the game.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh! Those ND Fighting Irish!

And . . .

they were playing the University of Scholastic Compromise Trojans??

I used to be in the work "pool" thru the NFL seasons. That has been about my only relationship with gambling outside of card games with the guys. I began to have more and more of an interest in pro football after having gotten away from Dad's & my brother's incessant teevee watching. But, DW was having none of it! She also but the brakes on hard with my smoking so - it wasn't all bad.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing I would like better than having DH inside watching the 2-3 football games we receive each Sunday. He used to be much more of a watcher. Now he's outside in the wind and cold (off/on drizzle) raking leaves. At least I'd know where he would stay and I could get a lot of work done during those mindless hours in front of the TV. What am I doing wrong? He's working, I'm feeling guilty again. I suppose now I have to clean the chicken coop.

Latest posts