Feeder Pigs

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet it looks like everything went into ziplock freezer bags. I would like to suggest that if you do not have a seal-a-meal or a foodsaver to go get one. It removes all air from the bags and you can keep it longer in freezer without freezer burn. I sure would hate for you to loose some of that hard work to freezer burn. :(

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Devonviolet it looks like everything went into ziplock freezer bags. I would like to suggest that if you do not have a seal-a-meal or a foodsaver to go get one. It removes all air from the bags and you can keep it longer in freezer without freezer burn. I sure would hate for you to loose some of that hard work to freezer burn. :(
We actually have a FoodSaver. However, we have been very disappointed in the way the seals opens & air gets at the food anyway. :he Considering how much time it takes to seal the bags, and how much meat we had to process in a short timeframe, we decided to just use freezer zip-lock bags. Not ideal. But, hopefully we will use up the meat before it gets freezer burn. :fl

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have had several meals, of our pork, and they have all been yummy.

Tonight however, it was divine! So I had to tell y'all about it.

We thawed out a rack of Spare Ribs, marinated them in a Vinegar Brine Marinade & grilled them. I didn't get any photos, but I wrote down my recipe, which I adapted from one I found online.
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Vinegar Brined Spare Ribs
Ingredients:
1 cup apple cider vinegar
4 cups filtered water
2 tablespoons Himalayan salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp No Salt All Purpose Seasoning
2 Bay Leaves

Directions:
Mix above ingredients
Pour in a zip-lock bag with Ribs
Squeeze air out of bag & zip closed
Marinade 4-6 hours or over night
Remove ribs from marinade

To Grill:
Pre-heat grill on high
Turn flame to lowest setting
Grill over low flame until puddles of liquid, on top of the ribs, is bubbling

Turn & grill on other side for no more than 5 minutes

We prefer ribs without sauce.
Brush ribs with favorite sauce.
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
We liked the ribs so well, we saved the marinade & got a package of "Country Style Ribs" out of the freezer. The ribs are thawing in the marinade, in the refrigerator. So we can grill them tomorrow, YUM! :drool

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol: Very funny!

My dear sweet husband did all the cooking, and served the meal, since I was resting a painful, swollen ankle, after a busy day on my feet. So, I couldn't get any photos.

Tonight my ankle was throbbing again, so he cooked very simple fare: Country Style Ribs, Homemade Spicy Refried Beans (YUM!) & homemade Sauerkraut. It was very good. But, we both agreed the Spare Ribs were better

We ended up having one rib left, so I went into the kitchen & took a photo. It doesn't do it justice.

0408162259-1.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, I had never heard of frying bacon in water, till something on America's Test Kitchen last week. I think I'm gonna try it this morning.

Latest posts