fertilizer?

bennett

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
what kind do you use? we got liquid feed by miracle grow recently - we figured we could use it on all the plants rather than having to buy one for this and one for that plant..

what do you use?

OH we also use dried coffee grounds when we can get them. nether of us drink much coffee esp in the summer

Rence

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've used the Miracle Gro too. I liked the results. But now that I have a couple rabbits, I decided to use that instead.

Not sure if you know this but rabbit manure is cold manure, and you can put it directly into your garden without composting it. Unlike cow, horse, chicken and guinea manure, which is great, but you have to compost it because it's hot manure.

So if you have a rabbit or know someone with rabbits, you can use that directly in your garden.

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't use Miracle Gro on most of the vegetables. Greens and cabbage, yes. Makes my plants too leafy.

I use a 5-20-20 for tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and peppers; wishing the last two numbers were even higher. I bought some tomato food but was amazed to see such a high nitrogen first number, so it wasn't used on them. I bought my good fertilizer cheap at the feed mill.
I will mention that great fertilizer won't work well if there's no water or the soil is hard dry clay.

I've had great results with worm castings and horse manure(fairly fresh) and my chicken manure is composting. I poured fresh chicken manure over mint to kill it and it is the largest happiest spreading mint I've ever seen, so it doesn't kill everything.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have used Mircle gro in the past. The one you hook up to the hose and it spays in like a few seconds. I stopped because I just could not afford it on a students salary.
Now I use my bunnies and if I get desperate I will walk behind my ducks collecting thier poop with my dog poooper scooper. I also use the duck pond tea.

I am also a compost freak. And I add compost constantly.

Latest posts