FINALLY enough tomatoes for a meal!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We've had a ripe tomato every couple days for the past two weeks or so, but today was the first time there were enough simultaneously to actually "have" tomatoes for dinner. (With our own green beans, actually mostly runner beans, and ribs with a marinade made with our own garlic and some failed marmalade I made a while back).

So, "Woooo hoooo!!" :p

This is all from the Early Girls set out in wall-o-waters in mid May.

A few Black Russians have sort of ripened (not anything blackish though, they just look like kind of lumpy ribby regular tomatoes) and should be edible in a day or two; only one Marmande has even *started* to color. Various cherry type tomatoes also only starting to color.

NOT a good year for tomatoes around here. Good to have some at last, though!

Pat, where it got down to 5 C last night (just above 40 F) <rolling eyes>

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sorry about your tomato luck. Wish you were closer as I have been feeding them to the chickens so they didn't just rot.

The upside is that the birds love them and reward with plenty of eggs after them.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congratulations Pat!!! I bet they were very tasty and worth the wait . . . though maybe not quite the wait you had. :/

I'm happy to say ditto here, finally!!! Of course it's mostly because I didn't pick any for a few days. Now I have a whole (smallish) bowl full! I'm so excited!!!

Latest posts