finally garden's done!

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well my garden is finally done and I have planted parts of it. I didn't do much as I got such a very late start. This will be a test to see how a late garden does here. We already had an early frost for three days and I lost several things, that's okay as the things I lost I knew wouldn't grow this late anyway.

I have radishes, spinach, two lettuces, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and artichokes that are still doing fine.

100_1668.jpg

100_1731.jpg

100_1789.jpg

100_1787.jpg

I can't find the pics I took of the whole thing.

Monica

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
DH decided that for the other gardens he will use 8' peeler poles instead of the stakes so it will be sturdier and look better, otherwise we like how it turned out.

Monica

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You think you could convince my husband to get on the ball with mine already?! LOL :lol:

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Mid Dec. will mark three yrs. here. I thought my garden was a priority:lol: I thought that it would get done one of the first things:lol: DH said he needed a tractor first, then it kept getting put at the bottom of the list. I finally convinced him that it would save on the grocery bill.

He also knows that when I have a garden I am calmer and spend LOTS of time in it. I think what really got him going on it(he had to stop doing two other things) was over the summer DGD and I planted things for her secret garden in eggcartons. I asked him if he could use the tractor to dig an 8'x12' plot for her garden. He hasn't taught me how to use the backhoe yet, so I couldn't do it. He figured if he was going to dig for a garden, he might as well do the real thing.

Sometimes it helps to use kids, grandpas are pushovers for them.

Also both DGD and I helped with getting the rocks out of the soil before it was put back in. I have pics posted here somewhere showing how we did it. It really was a major operation. So I know that we will be doing only one at a time. We are doing four more so it will be awhile until they are all done.

Good luck with DH, does he have a tractor? My DH LOVES to use his, so it's easier to get him to do something if he has to use it.

Monica